Tuesday 13 April 2010

New Babies


We have some new arrivals, I was standing at the window looking towards the lake when I saw a mallard duck wandering across to the creek with a bunch of ducklings behind her. I dashed out with my camera and did a head count. Thirteen brown ones and three little yellow ones. I think she must have been mating with our white ducks as well as her own kind. One of the little yellow ones got stuck in the ditch, so I picked it up to send it on its way. I couldn't believe how fragile it felt. Isn't it the cutest little thing.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they precious and such a wonderful photo, Helen. I am glad you are doing this as I think blogging is a great way to share with others what is going on with you life.
    I look forward to your postings.

    ReplyDelete