Wednesday 12 January 2011

Oh dear I have been a long time in posting a blog

Happy New year to anyone reading this. Here we are 2011 and me being forever optimistic I am very exciting at the prospect of a new year beginning.

Already I have enrolled in an Open University Course, have started an evening class with my grandson Daniel doing a stain glass window project, have started looking into Universities in Canada as Daniel is hoping to go there in 2012....if he goes to Canada then so do I!!! Very exciting prospect. Then of course I still am busy taking piano lessons and doing my volunteering work with the Riding for the Disabled.

Spring is on the way, I can see signs of new bulbs pushing their heads through the dead leaves and debris of the winter, the days are starting to get longer; little by little, our weather although very wet and dreary is better than what some people are having...think Australia, how terrible for those people. Our dogs come in from their walk totally filthy and drip muddy water everywhere, or they decide to shake themselves as soon as they get into the kitchen so mud splatters up the walls, Sam (the german shepherd) loves jumping in the lake so you can imagine the state he is in with his long black coat. Still they are worth it our lives would be the poorer without them. I love walking them through the woods, there is always something new to discover and if I am early enough seeing the sunrise over the tops of the trees all pink and blue.
I am truly blessed and a new year is always a good time to step back and reflect on the many wonderful things in my life, my family, my health, my good fortune, I don't believe we should take these things for granted.

One of my new Year Resolutions is to try and write in this blog more, so, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment